Multi Plus is one of our most comprehensive multivitamin and mineral formula with added levels of magnesium citrate.
There is a wide range of key nutrients included in this formulation including:
- B vitamins – contributes to normal function of the immune system, nervous system, energy production and reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
- Vitamin C – contributes to normal function of the immune system and energy production; normal function of the nervous system and protection of cells from oxidative stress.
- Vitamin E – contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress.
- Vitamin K - contributes to normal blood clotting, maintenance of normal skin, bones, red blood cells and vision; reduction of tiredness and fatigue and protection of cells from oxidative stress.
- Biotin – contributes to normal function of the immune system and energy production; normal psychological function and maintenance of normal hair, skin and mucous membranes.
- Choline – contributes to normal homocysteine metabolism; normal lipid metabolism and maintenance of normal liver function.
- Chromium – contributes to normal blood glucose levels.
- Iodine - contributes to normal cognitive and nervous system function and energy production.
- Iron – contributes to normal cognitive function and energy production; normal function of the immune system and reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
- Magnesium – contributes to reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
- Selenium - contributes to normal function of the immune system, normal thyroid function and protection of cells from oxidative stress.
- Zinc – contributes to normal cognitive function, bone, nails, skin and hair, as well as fertility and protection of cells from oxidative stress.
Some of the bioactive nutrients in Multi Plus include:
- Organic citrate (Citrizorb) minerals including Magnesium, Zinc and Manganese Citrizorb - citrate minerals have been shown to have greater bioavailability compared to inorganic carbonate or oxide mineral forms.
- Pyridoxine-5-Phosphate (P5P) – the bioactive coenzyme form of Vitamin B6, which can be directly utilised by the body without conversion.
- Quatrefolic - a specific clinically validated form of reduced and methylated folate. Folic acid and food folate are not biologically active and need to be converted to the metabolically active form of folate (5-MTHF) in the body. Some individuals, due to their unique genetic patterns and expression (i.e. polymorphisms), do not produce adequate or effective folate converting enzymes (Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase - MTHFR). Quatrefolic passes the gastric barrier and is absorbed in the gut in to support levels of bioactive folate including in those individuals who have the MTHFR polymorphism, which is implicated in certain chronic disease states.
- Methylcobalamin – a naturally occurring form of Vitamin B12 that is better absorbed and retained in the tissues compared to synthetic cyanocobalamin.
- Mena Q7 - a clinically validated form of Vitamin K2 as Menaquinone-7 (MK-7). Vitamin K2 better absorbed than Vitamin K1. The structure of MK-7 also allows this form to remain in the blood longer than Vitamin K1, increasing its bioavailability.
This formulation is also contains soya free sources of Vitamin E and beta carotene.